Wednesday, March 4, 2009

GridView Series

I am very happy to create my first blog. I have chosen to cover the topics on gridview. I will cover the gridview control of asp.net in a series of blogs. First of all, to say GridView is a simple table in the html point of view. This is a new control released in .NET 2.0. It offers a lot of inbuilt options such as sorting, editing, paging with out a single line of code. Of course, the sentence "Single line of code" has many restrictions. I will discuss those in my future article.

However, coming to the point the GridView is frequently used to display the data in a tabular context. This consists of lot of formatting options, which can be easily handled by the developer without any knowledge on css.

The GridView will offer us a lot of ways to bind the data to it. We can connect to the gridview via,

-The ADO.NET objects such as DataTable, DataSet, DataView
-The User Objects such as the collections, ArrayLists etc.
-The Data Source controls such as SqlDataSource, ObjectDataSource.

In the next article I will conver how to fill the data to the grid.

2 comments:

  1. Hey chandu. No problem. I will excuse you as this is your first blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI
    This is nice Need to explain more.The way your presentaion on Gridviw some what normal need to put more

    ReplyDelete